React Vs Vue Vs Angular: Which Framework Should You Use in 2021?
React, Angular, and Vue are unquestionably the top JS frameworks, but selecting the best and most suited one for your project demands careful consideration of several criteria.
- js is a JS library for developing user interfaces.
This blog serves as a resource for companies aiming to create an industry-leading product, as well as developers debating the benefits and drawbacks of Angular, React, and Vue for their projects.
Let’s get started by delving into each of these frameworks in depth.
It is a community-managed open-source library maintained by Facebook and hundreds of thousands of individual developers and businesses. All Facebook products, including WhatsApp and Instagram, now use this library.
When To Use
- React has a diverse and active ecosystem. Developers may discover hundreds of ready-made and customised documentation, tools, images, and charts, and other components to speed up the development.
- React is ideal for applications that need a large number of components with active/inactive states, dynamic inputs, navigation elements, access rights and user logins. Managing such shifting states and providing various views to users depending on the state is simple using React.
- If your application has the potential to expand in size and scope, React is an excellent choice since its declarative nature of components makes it simple to work with such large structures.
- If you want a quick way to create user interfaces. Vue is very helpful till some point, however, its excessive dependence on HTML templates makes it more tedious than reacting in the long run.
- If you want HTML to be used! Some developers like HTML, the de facto language for web pages.
- You want to build smaller applications. Vue uses something for state management that does not need third party technologies, termed a “store pattern.”
Angular has extensive documentation where developers may quickly discover all the knowledge they need to come up with a technical solution to a problem. You should use Angular for:
- Single-page apps and progressive web apps. If you need to create a simple yet dynamic app, Angular is the way to go.
- Business-level web applications that allow you to build applications by reusing components and various modules across many projects. Additionally, you may save a significant amount of time by using a variety of libraries throughout the project.
- Dynamic web apps in which the content and certain components are presented based on the user who is visiting the site and the client (web or mobile).
Strengths and Shortcomings
- Increases the development speed by enabling react web developers to create separate sections on both the client-side and the server-side without altering the application’s logic.
- Because of its modular nature, React code is very versatile, which saves a lot of time and money.
- The React code is less difficult to maintain.
- Provides excellent performance for complicated applications.
- React provides mobile app development by enabling native mobile apps for both the Android and iOS platforms.
- Because React does not support MVC, you must rely on third-party frameworks to create states and models.
- The continuous updating of React, as well as the need for partner libraries to support it, leads to inadequate documentation.
- Due to a shortage of time, the rapid acceleration of React technologies leads to the drafting of incorrect instructions.
- Constant changes may be tough to keep up with even React professionals at times owing to the rapid evolution of React technology.
- Vue is a lightweight application with a downloaded zip size of just 18 KB, thus it not only downloads quickly but also improves SEO and UX by using the Virtual DOM.
- Smaller interactive parts of an application’s code, such as its components and views, may be readily incorporated into an existing programme.
- The fact that Vue’s components are kept separately in different files makes it simpler to reach a specific portion of the code and repair it if there are any problems.
- Vue is not as prominent as its rivals, React and Angular, since it is still a reasonably young framework that is growing at an unparalleled pace. Vue, which was created by a Chinese-American, has a significant percentage of non-English speaking users.
- Because Vue is still in its early stages of development, it cannot compete with frameworks like Angular, which have been in use for many years.
- Even yet, Vue has seen increasing interest from large corporations like Adobe on smaller projects.
- Due to the plugins that are provided for Vue that interact with other frameworks, support for them is lacking.
- At the outset, AngularJS attracted a tremendous amount of attention among developers. The supportive community and ready-to-use training materials, conversations, and supplementary tools offered everything needed to begin to learn and handle issues as they arose.
- Google has stated their support for Angular, making it a reliable, trustworthy software with a decent chance of keeping up with the latest Google announcements and upgrades.
- Angular components and modules provide more flexibility, which means developers and designers have more control over the system.
- Knowing how to utilise Angular’s dependency injection feature may be a big benefit.
- Due to the layered design, angular may be a little tricky to debug at times, and those unfamiliar with n-tier systems may find some of the ideas obscure.
- Due to the two-way data binding, angular dom-manipulation may also result in a performance tradeoff, since the browser will be very active manipulating the dom components and will use a significant amount of computing resources.
- SEO possibilities are constrained, and search engine crawlers have limited access.
- Complex SPAs slow and perform poorly.
Through their origins, performance highlights, advantages, and drawbacks, we have examined React, Vue.js, and Angular to find out which of these top open-source, front-end frameworks is suitable for each scenario.
Whether you are a startup or a large company seeking to launch a new project, you may encounter an infinite number of unique circumstances. The technology that you select for your business application must meet all of your criteria and be capable of working in all circumstances. While partnering with a reputable web development firm, do your best effort to meet the project’s scope and performance criteria.